After training through several different organizations my heart has found a home with CAPPA and I am thrilled to be able to instruct people on their journey to becoming certified CAPPA Labor Doulas. I love teaching and have been doing it in one capacity or another for over a decade. I enjoy bringing content to life, making it relevant, showing how to apply it in real world scenarios and making the entire process fun and memorable. You will build business relationships and friendships during your workshop and your confidence will grow. You will leave ready to attend births with the understanding of your value, earning income right from the start. Whether you are looking to take a doula workshop only or are looking to continue on to full certification I am here for you each step of the way. The CAPPA Labor Doula workshop is the first step and consists of a total of 18 hours of instruction:
· CAPPA certification and policies
· Practical application of Scope of Practice, ethics, and integrity
· Building bridges with medical/midwifery professionals
· Modeling and teaching positive communication and self-advocacy
· Support for every stage of labor and birth
· Hands on practice of proven comfort measures and labor support techniques
· Emotional support for labor and birth, as well as unexpected events
· Hospital procedures – risk/benefit as well as alternatives and support
· Cesarean and VBAC support
· Prenatal and postpartum consultations and support
· Breastfeeding initiation and support
· Business development, marketing, and networking to create a successful career
· And much more!
Training fee with doulaed is $450, please note additional expenses with the CAPPA website for certification.
Training dates for 2020:
Live Online Training for Utah Students 05/01-05/02 from 9:00 am-7:00 pm each day
St. George, Utah 06/26-06/27 from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. each day
Heber, Utah 09/11-09/12 from 9:00 am-7:00 pm each day
Evanston, Wyoming 09/25-09/26 from 9:00 am-7:00 pm each day
Contact me if you’d like a training in your area (Utah and surrounding states) or would like to schedule a private training.